Enigma VP series sliding vane pumps are a type of positive displacement pumps (with the enclosed volumetric chamber).
Enigma VP series sliding vane pumps are designed for pumping viscous, ductile products, including abrasive ones, in the food, pharmaceutical, chemical, petrochemical, and other industries.
- Food industry: chocolate, glazing, purees, molasses, praline paste, condensed milk, sugar syrup.
- Cosmetic and pharmaceutical industry: liquid fat, soap, glycerin, fish fat.
- Chemical industry: cleaning solutions, glues, varnishes, paints, disinfectants, resin, used oil, sodium hydroxide.
- Petrochemical industry: masut, bitumen, mineral oils, paraffin, lubricants.
Principles of operation
The operating part of the pump is designed as an eccentrically located rotor with longitudinal radial grooves in which flat blades (vanes) slide, and these are pressed to the stator by centrifugal force.
Since the rotor is located eccentrically, when it spins, the blades alternately move in and out of the rotor while in constant contact with the wall of the casing.
During the operation of the pump, under-pressure is created on the sucking part and the pumped product fills the space between the plates and is then driven out into the discharge nozzle.
Enigma VP series sliding vane pumps are characterized by simple assembly and maintenance. They meet the highest requirements and are used successfully in various branches of industry.
Advantages of Enigma VP pumps:
- High productivity
- Energy-saving – 25% less energy consumed than other types of pumps for pumping viscous liquids
- Can work with abrasive products
- High reliability, long-life performance
- Easy and cost-effective operation, quick exchange of parts, minimal maintenance necessary
- Possibility of short-time dry running
- Possibility of reverse running (reverse flow)
- Can be equipped with a heating/cooling jacket
- Can be used as a dosing device
- Low noise during operation
- Blades are manufactured from various materials (bronze, Teflon, type AISI304/AISI316L steel, etc.)